Internet Security/Identity Theft/Business Identity Theft or Fraud
Federal Trade Commission resources:
- Privacy & Security
- Protecting Small Businesses
- Wireless Network Security (WiFi)
- Identity Theft
- Mobile Phone Theft – your phone contains a plethora of information valuable to a thief if your account is hijacked.
- Medical Identity Theft – is someone illegally filing claims on your company’s health insurance?
- Tax-Related Identity Theft
- Copier Data Security – your digital copier’s hard drive stores data from printing, scanning and faxing
- Fighting Identity Theft with the Red Flags Rule – financial institutions and businesses that collect personal data or extend credit must comply with this rule.
- Data Security – if your business performs credit checks or collects personal data on employees, tenants, loan applicants, and others, you need to comply with laws concerning the protection and secure disposal of the information.
Idaho State Tax Commission – Identity Theft
IRS Taxpayer Guide to Identity Theft
Identity Theft Resource Center
Social Security Administration – Identity Theft and your Social Security Number
Boise Police Department Identity Theft Prevention and Personal Safety