- Free Patents Online – Repository of patents and patent applications
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Department of Energy – Advanced Manufacturing Office
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory – Technology Assistance
- Partnering With INL (Idaho National Laboratory)
- Bonneville Power Administration – Emerging Technology
- TechHelp – New Product Development
- Edison Nation
Invention Fraud Information
Invention assistance programs are rife with fraud. Before hiring a company to help you, contact the Attorney General of the state where the home office of the invention assistance company is located; in Idaho, the Attorney General’s office. For other states, look for the website of the state Attorney General’s office.
- Better Business Bureau – Find or file complaints against an invention assistance company. Contact the BBB where the company’s home office is located.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) – Many articles about invention fraud can be found on the FTC site. The American Inventors Protection Act of 1999 guarantees inventors certain rights when dealing with invention promoters. To learn about your rights before hiring a promoter, visit the FTC site.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Scam Prevention