Idaho Official Government Website

Insurance – Workers’ Compensation

Visit the Insurance section of this website

Idaho Industrial Commission

Workers Compensation Insurance: Employers having one or more full-time, part-time, seasonal or occasional employees must provide workers compensation insurance unless specifically exempt under Idaho law. The Idaho Industrial Commission oversees workers comp insurance compliance in Idaho.

Exempt Employees: Some employees or professions are exempt from the requirement to have Workers’ Compensation Insurance. For information on exempt employees or professions, see Workers’ Compensation in the Insurance section of this site.

Independent Contractors: Independent contractors are not covered by an employer’s workers comp insurance under most circumstances. For information about the difference between an employee and an independent contractor, see Employee or Independent Contractor. If you classify a worker incorrectly, you may incur a fine and/or penalty.

Rehabilitation Assistance: Provided to workers injured on the job who are covered by workers comp insurance.

Out-of-state employers having employees working temporarily in Idaho (up to 60 days) can secure an “extraterritorial certificate” of coverage from their home state. Out-of-state employers having an employee who lives and works in Idaho more than 60 days must carry workers comp insurance issued by an approved company. Contact your nearest Industrial Commission office for details.

Workers Comp Posters: Provided by your insurance company.

The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.