Idaho Official Government Website

Motor Vehicles/Trucks/Aviation/Boats/Trailers

Idaho Transportation Department

The Department serves Idaho drivers, vehicle dealers, truckers, pilots and boat dealers and owners. All vehicles operated or pulled on public highways must be titled. This includes:

  • Cars and trucks, including food trucks
  • Recreational Vehicles (RVs) and motor homes
  • Motorcycles
  • Travel trailers, transport trailers and boat or utility trailers that have an unladen weight of 2,000 pounds or more. Office and concessions trailers are excluded.
  • Truck campers and 5th wheels
  • All-terrain vehicles (ATV), utility type vehicles (UTV), off-road motorcycles and snowmobiles with engines of 50cc or larger. Vehicles with smaller engines are licensed by Idaho Parks and Recreation.
  • Manufactured homes that have not been formally declared real property
  • Most boats manufactured after 2000 with a permanently attached mode of propulsion such as inboard/outboard motors
  • Personal water crafts, sailboats and boats over 12 feet in length purchased in 2000 or later regardless of the method of propulsion. Similar vessels manufactured or acquired prior to 2000 must be titled if they are being financed.
  • Boats (Vessels) – titling

Driver and Motor Carrier Services

Commercial trucking

Starting a Trucking Business in Idaho

Automobile and Boat (Vessel) Dealerships – New and Used

Aviation ServicesDivision of Aeronautics

The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.