- Small Business Administration – Veterans Business Outreach Centers, free counseling and workshops for veteran entrepreneurs
- Codeworks – learn computer coding skills
- Idaho Department of Environmental Quality – Training, Conferences and Workshops
- Idaho Industrial Commission – training for employers, medical providers and workers’ comp specialists
- Idaho State Tax Commission – Tax and Business Basics for Self-employed
- Idaho Commission on the Arts – My Artrepreneur™ Program teaches business skills to those who make a living in the arts.
- Contact your nearest college or university
Idaho Small Business Development Center
Through its six regional offices the Idaho SBDC offers a wide variety of low cost training options. The Boise and Nampa Business Accelerators offer programs, called Sprints, and skill-based training programs to qualified business owners to help develop necessary business skills.
Small Business Administration
Offers programs to help start, build, and grow small businesses. Contact the Boise office at (208) 334-9004, extension 333; the Spokane office at (509) 353-2809, or visit the SBA’s website to find online training opportunities.
Assists manufacturers, food processors and other businesses to improve and streamline their processes for increased productivity. Inventors can receive assistance in product design and prototype development, as well as other services.