- Idaho Department of Labor – Labor Market Information
- Check the online databases available at your local library
- Visit the Demographic and Economic Data section of this website.
- Visit the Helpful Links section of this website and look for Industry Research/Market Research
Idaho Small Business Development Center
Through its six regional offices the Idaho SBDC offers a wide variety of services to small businesses, including:
- Business and marketing plans preparation assistance (They do not write business or marketing plans.)
- Export Assistance
- Government Contracting Assistance
- Environmental Regulatory Compliance Assistance
Small Business Administration
Offers programs to help start, build, and grow small businesses. Contact the Boise office at (208) 334-9004, extension 333; the Spokane office at (509) 353-2809, or visit the SBA’s website. An SBA or SCORE counselor can advise about market research. (They do not write business or marketing plans.)
SCORE counselors are retired executives and former business owners who volunteer their time to assist small businesses. SCORE offices are located in Boise, Idaho Falls, and Spokane or visit the national SCORE website. Businesses in north Idaho are served by the Spokane SCORE office. SCORE counselors assist with market research, but they will not write your business or marketing plan for you.