- Business Wizard and the Licenses section of this site.
- Idaho Division of Occupational and Professional Licenses
- Idaho Department of Labor and Idaho State Tax Commission – IBRS to establish unemployment and withholding accounts, apply for a sales tax permit and create lodging tax accounts
Idaho Division of Building Safety
DBS licenses the following occupations:
- Plumbers and plumbing contractors
- Electricians and electrical contractors
- HVAC technicians and contractors
- Public works contractors and public works construction managers
- Manufactured and modular housing manufacturers, retailers, resale brokers, service companies, salespersons and installers
The agency issues permits to contractors and homeowners to perform electrical, plumbing or HVAC installations and replacements. DBS also inspects elevators, boilers and pressure vessels, oversees logging and industrial safety and issues permits to rehabilitate older mobile homes.
For details, visit the DBS website.
Idaho State Police
The following divisions oversee business activities:
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Division – enforces commercial vehicle safety regulations
- Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) – see Assistance Resources – Alcoholic Beverages on this site for alcohol license requirements
- Brand Inspector – records and transfers livestock brands and performs brand inspections
- Racing Commission – oversees horse racing and simulcasting in Idaho; licenses jockeys, stables, trainers, announcers and more
- Fingerprinting and Background Checks
- Concealed Weapons License