Contact an accountant
Idaho Department of Finance
Through its three bureaus the Department oversees a significant portion of the financial services industries in Idaho.
The Securities Bureau oversees:
- The issuance and sale of securities (stocks, bonds, notes, partnership and membership units, etc.)
- Stockbrokers, broker-dealers, investment and financial advisers
- SCOR/U-7 Filings
- Money transmitters
- Continuing care and long-term care facilities for the elderly and incapacitated.
- Endowed care cemeteries
The Consumer Finance Bureau regulates:
- Mortgage brokers and lenders, loan originators and processors, escrow agencies, mortgage loan underwriters, mortgage companies
- Finance and consumer loan companies and Loan Brokers
- Consumer credit and debt counselors
- Collection agencies and agents, debt buyers
- Credit repair agencies and agents
- Payday and title loan companies
The Financial Institutions Bureau oversees:
- State chartered banks, credit unions, savings banks and trust companies
- Business and industrial development corporations
The Idaho State Treasurer’s office manages the Unclaimed Property program. Unclaimed property Includes the contents of safe deposit boxes, stocks and bonds, uncashed refund and payroll checks, utility deposits, traveler’s checks, undelivered tax refund checks, and more. Visit the Unclaimed Property website to find out if you or your business has unclaimed property. If your business is holding unclaimed property that needs to be reported, see Holder Reporting.